Friday, March 2, 2012

Magic Milk


I am always on the look out for easy activities Parker can enjoy. I think I found this on Pinterest (my obsession) when sifting through things to do with a 3 year old. I thought I would try out this version of magic milk and try to recreate it!

Here is how ours turned out...

All the items we needed I had on hand and most everyone will!



Milk - I saved what Parker didn't drink from earlier that morning.
Food Colors
Dish soap

I poured the milk into a pie dish and added a few squirts of food coloring.



We dipped a toothpick into the dish soap and VOILA!


Parker (and even I) thought it was so cool! We went through 3 or 4 dishes of milk and different ways of dragging the toothpick through the colors.


 We tried this a few times without dish soap and did not have these amazing swirly results. Dish soap is the key to making this successful!



Once the colors started to all melt together we would start a new dish. Each time we created something unique and fun! Finally, a way to use the left over milk Parker leaves behind!


No comments:

Post a Comment