Saturday, April 28, 2012

Balloons, Elephants, and Frosting Oh My!



Jameson’s birthday party went nearly perfect. He was flooded with love, gifts, and cake of course! There were a few flaws that only I would probably notice, but that’s a mother’s prerogative, right? I took the Friday off before the party to run errands, clean the house, and prep the food. Saturday I sent Preston on a balloon run for the final party touch. I frosted the cupcakes and set the table. The guests arrived and dug right in to all the yummy goodies. Jameson showed off his new walking skills to his adorners and shared smiles as he made his way through the room.

Though I made everything for his birthday as I generally do… I did make one purchase that completely made the cake. The cake toppers I found were a must! They completely set the theme and brought the whole thing together. The great thing about www.etsy.com is everything is handmade and custom ordered. Items there are relatively inexpensive and shipping isn’t bad. It’s a place vendors (typically moms with a creative bone) go to make a penny here and there all while using their skills. I buy the boys’ birthday shirts there as well!




Even one of Jameson’s gifts found its way to him from Etsty.



Overall the First Birthday went without a hitch. Guests with full bellies mingled while Jameson gnawed on wrapping paper.



A frosting covered high chair with torn streamers sit in the kitchen as Parker played with the new toys. I, of course, people watch from afar and think about where I was a year ago; snuggling in bed with this tiny little new person, smelling his hair, kissing his forehead. The only difference is now is he can kiss back. Life doesn’t get much better than this.


No comments:

Post a Comment