Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Jameson Michael Turns ONE!

The day has come! My little baby is no longer a little baby, but rather my big baby :) His toes are no longer tiny, just small. His newborn smell is now gone, but filled with the lingering baby shampoo fragrance. You would think that with him being my 2nd baby boy that this would be old hat. I must say when babies grow there is never enough time to soak it up! The first year is full of “I can’t waits”. I can’t wait for him to sleep all night. I can’t wait for him to crawl, eat solids, and walk! Then suddenly its one year later and you have no idea how he grew so fast!! There were so many similar experiences, but overall what a completely different journey we took.

My 9lb 0oz, 20.75” roly poly
April 11, 2011 at 9:17pm

These two boys are so different!! Jameson was breastfed; Parker wasn’t. Jameson didn’t take a pacifier; Parker did. Jameson didn’t like to nap; Parker always loved them. Jameson has zero patience; Parker seemingly does. Jameson looks like me! Parker looks like Daddy! Jameson was a picky eater; Parker wasn’t. I suppose you could almost compare pregnancies too. Jameson’s first trimester was a breeze; Parker’s was spent hugging a toilet. Jameson’s last few weeks were a bit treacherous with an ER visit, an MRI, high blood pressure, swelling, and protein, unlike Parker who made is early entrance a piece of cake. Yet, Jameson’s beautiful birth was easier than Parker’s long drawn out arrival day. These boys were destined to be apart of our family. They compliment each other marvelously. I suppose many of their differences lie in their birth order, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

That’s not to go without our fair share of struggles this last year. Despite him being breastfed, it was not through nursing, but via pump. That’s a story for another day, but exclusively pumping made us a successful breastfeeding pair for one full year. Definitely, the road less travelled, but we made it out alive, healthy, and goal obtained. We also switched daycares in between, found some car trouble along the way, and clung together as a family to get through. Our unit of four, though not complete yet ,has hit the ground running.

With that said, as I look back one year from today… I realize how far we have come as a family, as individuals and thank God that I have the gift of watching my family grow and blossom right in front of my eyes. I watch Jameson begin to walk and develop his language and I can’t help but feel overwhelmed with love. I appreciate all the offerings God has given our family. Today is one more.

To Jameson, my fun loving, smiling mirror of a child, you have brought our family unit even closer than before. You have added more laughs and giggles than we ever imagined. Your smile brightens my day. Your growing personality makes me excited to see the man you will be some day. You have the whole world in the palm of your dimply hands. My heart grew even more the day I held you in my arms for the first time. Your first breath, your first cry all memories I will hold with me for the rest of my life. I am so proud to be your mommy. Thank you for all that you have taught me in your first year of life. I wish you the Happiest First Birthday and am anxious to celebrate many more with you. I adore you, Baby J. With all the love I can offer, your Mommy.




My One Year Old

No comments:

Post a Comment