Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ivory Soap Clouds

I found a pretty cool "science" project to do with Parker. I got the original idea from here. I ran out of milk this morning so we hit the grocery store quick. With this experiment in mind, I grabbed a few bars of Ivory soap. From what I have read this ONLY works with Ivory.




This is probably the easiest thing we've done in awhile. It literally only takes a couples minutes... which is about the attention soan of a 3 year old!



Throw down some parchment paper in the microwave, turn off the turn table, and place your bar of soap in the middle.



Set the microwave for about 3 minutes, however, you probably won't use all 3.



Time to WATCH!!





I did it 3 different times until the bar of soap was gone. Each time, it turned out a little bit different! Parker was astounded! To be honest, so was I!




Parker took it outside and had fun "making snow," as he called it! A super fun experiment to try with the kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment